TIPS AND TRICKS: MAKE-UP AND GLASSES

posted on: Saturday, September 6, 2014

I've worn contacts and glasses since I was about 10 years old. I mostly wear my glasses on the weekends, if I'm going somewhere that didn't require sunglasses or if I think they complimented my outfit. My last pair I've had for about 7 years, so it was time for an update. I got these new Dolce and Gabbana frames last week and I'm in love. I will be wearing these for a while instead of my contacts! Within the past few years I noticed that some of my make up doesn't "pop" under my frames as it would if I was wearing my contacts. So, eventually I came up with a bunch of different make up styles that stand out with frames and still let me feel like it's making a statement. Here are a few of my usual go to's. We're about to get up close and personal!


1. Brightening Shadows

My favorite affordable shadows to use are the Maybelline Tattoo Metal. I use the neutral shade called Barely Branded on my upper lid, extending it all the way to my brow and the outsides of me eye. This really brightens everything and creates a blending zone. Another color I use often while wearing my glasses for my actual lid is Inked in Pink. I apply that along my entire lid blending it in with the shade on top. It looks like this:




2. Classic Bold Cat Eye

Cat eye's never fail to look awesome with frames while really standing out. You can go as dramatic as you want with the size, shape, and boldness. My favorite liquid liner to use is Almay's because I find it easier to do with a felt tip. Another good one is The Blackbuster which is more of like a marker which some prefer. If you're rusty on your cat eye technique , Allure has a great tutorial! Here's what the cat eye looks like:




3. Bold Lips

Okay, we all know I'm down with a bold lip no matter what, but it's surprising how much a lip color can compliment a pair of frames! Since mine are tortoise shell, I like to stick with a bright pink or red, and dark dramatic colors like deep purple and burgundy ( for the fall and winter!) Bold colors would compliment lighter color frames just as well, and if you have a red or different color frames, you could benefit from trying out a few differing colors and shades! The lip color I used here is one of my favorite's I've ever had. It's called Blood Orange by Bite which Sephora or Ulta sells. Here's my bold cat eye look with my bold lips!




There are a bunch of things you can do to make your make up stand out with frames depending on your skin tone, color of your glasses and color of your eyes. These are the three that work the best for me! 

Another thing I want to use this post to talk about it make up in general. Make up is an art form, and it's one of my favorite parts of my day. Don't let anyone tell you that you "don't need to wear so much make up," because we already know this! We simply just like to wear it for ourselves. Wear your make up loud and proud, ladies. 

<3 Amy 


_4EWsa on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs

0 comments:

Post a Comment