VACATION IN VERMONT

posted on: Tuesday, February 25, 2014



This past weekend Danny and I ventured up to my aunt and uncle's house in Stowe, VT for a mini vacation.  This was a short two day trip, and I wanted to show you that it's totally worth it to go exploring, even if it's just for the weekend. We were able to do much more than expected, and you could too!  


Danny I love my aunt's house for many different reasons including her quaint town, beautiful view, variety of activities, and people who live there. Most importantly, I love my aunt's house because she lives there and she's one of my favorite people! Might I add she makes some good coffee and food. It's good to pick a destination that you formerly love, or a new place you're interested in. This way your short time is worth while!


Danny and I got to go snowmobiling with my aunt and uncle. We took a more scenic route in the woods and it was a reminder of how pretty winter can be. I know most of us have been yearning for warmer weather, but in times like these I really appreciate winter!



We also tried our first beer samplers. For those of you who have not done so already, you HAVE to do this! There are so many microbreweries everywhere that you're bound to find one in your state or place you travel too. I love that I got to try ten different beers for the price of ten dollars! We went to Rock Art and Lost Nations to try their brews. If you ever visit up in this area you have to stop by.


Sunday morning we went to this place called Cafe Latina and enjoyed our favorite dishes with a twist. I got these delicious sweet potato home fries. This recipe is in order, and if any of you know how to cook these then please share the love! 



After breakfast we went for a hike up peak-a-view trail and got to admire this awesome view. My cousin Sarah (to the left) and her boyfriend Stu (alongside their dog, Annie!) showed us this trail. Even though this vaca was short, it was worth every minute.

I hope you all can beat your cabin fever by doing something fun and enjoyable! Whether it's traveling, going for a drive to explore new places, painting, creating music, or whatever, make sure to get out there and do it. Sometimes I don't feel like I do it enough, but when I do it feels refreshing, especially being able to share times like these with Danny. Also, don't hesitate to travel because you only have two days! You can still do a lot and experience an area without having to stay for weeks.

So get out there and make time for places and things that you love! 

<3 Annalise 












0 comments:

Post a Comment