FEATURE FRIDAY // RALPH LAUREN PRAIRIE EDITION

posted on: Friday, July 11, 2014


In my recent reading, I came across an article in Prairie Style magazine about Ralph Lauren being the "Prince of the Prairie." Although Ralph Lauren is most noted for his preppy, bold pieces, he is also celebrated for his American prairie style. Influenced by the American West, I can honestly say this is my favorite collection. Ralph Lauren's romantic prairie style was made popular in the eighties, but is still relevant today. In Prairie Style, they talk specifically about Ralph Lauren being the first fashion designer to have a complete home collection using the American West as its focal point. I couldn't resist not sharing these photos with you from the magazine! They're such an eye-catcher. 







I truly love the nostalgic, rustic feel of Lauren's prairie style. It makes me want to buy a small farmhouse and garnish it in soft floral linens and Southwestern stripes. 

His timeless decor also emphasizes his smaller collections of Southwestern garments. Check out secondhand stores or sites like Etsy and you are sure to find some killer vintage prairie pieces. However, Ralph Lauren still showcases the American West style on the runway and in classic collections from time to time. Take for example the Southwestern Beacon Print as part of Ralph Lauren's Classics. I love how he takes something full of tradition and history and finds a way to modernize it. The image below is taken from the Ralph Lauren website showcasing the Beacon Print.




If you have a chance to pick up the August 2014 Prairie Style issue, then I suggest you do! It's great being able to read and cherish a fashion and home decor leader, especially in his ability to celebrate American tradition. 

<3 Annalise 





2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you guys would ever do something like this, but I am a plus size girl and I absolutely love some of the fashions you guys share here. Maybe on a Feature Friday you could do a plus size girl and maybe suggest some places where plus size girls can find fashions like the ones you share. I'd really appreciate it as fashion is one of the things I really enjoy but it's hard to find clothes like the ones you guys share. Thanks! And I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and support! We believe that all girls of different shapes and sizes can be fashionable and amazing. If you feel comfortable and are from the area then please send us email and we can feature you :) If not, then we will look for an alternative way to feature places that have great plus size fashions. <3 Annalise & Amy

      Delete