AN ODE TO FILM PHOTOGRAPHY

posted on: Thursday, March 13, 2014

In the midst of iPhones and fancy camera's, it's understandable why film photography is somewhat forgotten. Don't get me wrong, I love taking photos with my phone and Canon, but using film is so exciting! I wanted to share my favorite shots that I've taken with my film cameras over the past few years.

Polaroid One-Step
So, I got my polaroid camera at Savers for $3.99. As it's becoming more trendy, they're being sold at Urban Outfitters and other places refurbished for hundreds of dollars. If you're really yearning for one and just wanna pick it up, it's really convenient. However, they really are out there at your thrift stores! Searching around for one is almost all of the fun and you're bound to find other cool things along the way. There's something about taking a photo and having the physical thing right in your hand within seconds thats just so freaking fun. Here are my favorite shots!


This one was taken at a stop in New York on the way up to Annalise's family's lake house.


The lead singer of an amazing band called Harvard, I even fan girled a bit getting him to sign.


Me and Michael <3


My sister Janine, at our old place in Hartford after Blizzard Nemo last year.


I keep my camera proudly displayed on one of my little corner table (that I also thrifted for $2 and repainted).


One of the albums I keep my polaroids in. I bought this little guy for 99 cents, threw some cool moth fabric in along with a few momentos, and it's super cute and personalized.


Holga 135
This camera I got at Urban Outfitters during a crazy sale on sale. I think I paid $19.99 for it! These are a bit harder to find at thrift shops, but they're well worth the money. They're considered a bit of a "toy camera", because of the natural light leaks and imperfections. The coolest part is that those things are what makes the photos so awesome. You never know what you're going to get when you snap a photo, especially if you'r messing around with double exposure and having to wait to get the film developed to see the photos is so exciting and rewarding. Keep in mind, all of the "effects" you see are literally just from the camera and film itself just taken a certain way. How sick is that? Pshh...photoshop. Get a Holga! Here are my favorite shots!


Trippy. This was taken at Pizzeria Uno in Boston.


Passing cars on the highway taken from a bridge in Boston.


This is probably the most beautiful photo my Holga has ever taken. Sunset in Orlando, FL.


Michael.......x2.


This was taken in our private park at our old place in Hartford. The reflections and effects on this are insane.


I keep my Holga displayed on my TV stand next to another plastic camera I have and some good reads!


The camera album is where my shots form the Holga stay. Mike bought it for me in Nashville while he was on tour. I keep both albums on a table in my living room so they're always close if I wanna pick them up and relive the stories inside.

Happy Thursday everyone!

<3 Amy






0 comments:

Post a Comment